Wednesday 28 September 2011

Mask

My first project at college this year was "Mask". It states the obvious, we have to buy a mask and have a model and take photos of it. My initial idea was to do make up like Rankin, as make up is a everyday mask we wear yes? i wanted to go along the lines of this...


I LOVE Rankins work, he's most of my inspiration and his images are so crisp and amazing; there is not one photo that doesn't catch my eye.
His make up set range from the very weird to the plain and simple, the one to the left was my favorite I've seen for a while. The black and blue against the white grabbed my attention straight away, and how her hair is sliced back and painted white too make this image so amazing. The colour of her eyes complement the blue paint and I really wanted to try something out like this. But I knew this would be very very hard to try and re-create as it was done by professionals and i'm defiantly not a professional at make up.
I loved the being painted white idea though, so I used that and bought a Hannibal mask from the fancy dress shop.



I used Anna as my model as she's up for anything, I shot on 120 film (bloody love them cameras) and some on digi as it'd take a while to get my film back. I got it back yesterday and the photos are amazing, so fresh and clear compared to digi. But as I haven't scanned them in, here's some digi shots from the shoot.









No comments:

Post a Comment